|Panic! at the disco- a fever you can't sweat out
||[Dec. 19th, 2005|11:45 am]
|||||olly olly oxen free- gym class dropouts||]|
If you haven’t heard of panic at the disco before now you must have been living under a rock. I found them completely by accident over the summer when I was surfing purevolume and was smitten. Honestly the lyrics are true witty and funny and the general tone is merry go round music with punky edges. The songs are insistent on being stuck in your head for days on end. I saw this band in concert in November and it was completely shibby beyond belief.
~The best tracks~
3. London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines- “oh we’re just a wet dream for the webzine” umm can you say hell yeah? It’s a perfect picture of how bands are perceived in the scene. I love it, another good song to sing in the school stairwells.
6. Time To Dance- an awesome song, it tells a story umm I’m not really sure what the story is about due to he fact that I’m kind of slow on the uptake but I think it’s about how people can be so fake with their emotions.
7. Lying is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off – the title is kick ass, “ I’ve got more wit a better kiss and hotter touch a better fuck than any boy you’ll ever meet sweetie you had me” that’s hawtness right there. Anyway the song is kind of half sung half whispered which makes it definitely unique for lack of a better term.
10. I Write Sins Not Tragedies- an excuse to yell the word whore at a concert.’ Nuff said
12. There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey. You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet. - Very very carnival-ish with some horns thrown in for atmosphere. It a bit over the top but great for when you’re in a crazy mood.
13. Build God, Then We'll Talk- story about a whore a cheating attorney and a police man in a dive of a hotel.
The intro/ intermission tracks both are kind of pointless and I’m not really a fan of the But It's Better If You Do track as it’s about strip clubs and whores and shit. If you’re not into really hyper music or if you’re in a bad mood this cd will probably put you over the edge of your sanity.
Damn good debut album, I’ll be completely excited when they come up with a follow up, and it better be good cuz this cd will be a hard act to follow.